Contractor downsizing to a Maverick -Ordered Sept16th

Kynno

Reaction score
I ordered my XLT Hybrid on the 16th .Hopefully I'll actually get it !

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Congratulations. Keep us posted on any updates in production. We’d be interested in seeing how long it actually takes you to get it.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
Contractor...hmm, what type of contractor? What are your plans for the Maverick once you get it? You'll have to get it all setup and post some pictures. I'm sure you aren't the only one that's downsizing or thinking of a Maverick for contractor type work.

Kynno

Reaction score
Contractor...hmm, what type of contractor? What are your plans for the Maverick once you get it? You'll have to get it all setup and post some pictures. I'm sure you aren't the only one that's downsizing or thinking of a Maverick for contractor type work.
Hi There, Im a General contractor in Orlando, I carry a few toolboxes which will fit in the back of the cab and I carry folding ladders and occasional 2x4 and 8x4 ply and drywall . I downsized from my Ram Diesel last year to an F150. Most of my work is now within 20 miles of home and is urban driving . The f 150 is a 5.4 and 12 mpg is not as good as 40 !. I have a great crew who now do most of the heavy material delivery.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
Hi There, Im a General contractor in Orlando, I carry a few toolboxes which will fit in the back of the cab and I carry folding ladders and occasional 2x4 and 8x4 ply and drywall . I downsized from my Ram Diesel last year to an F150. Most of my work is now within 20 miles of home and is urban driving . The f 150 is a 5.4 and 12 mpg is not as good as 40 !. I have a great crew who now do most of the heavy material delivery.
Thanks for your reply. The Maverick makes a lot of sense for what you are doing for sure...and saves you money in fuel too not having to drive something around that isn't fuel efficient for no reason. I bet a lot of contractors & sub contractors could really do the same most of the time, drive to the jobsite the first time and drop off their trailer, then they can just drive a smaller vehicle back and forth daily until the job is completed.