2” lift

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
One of the guys from work has been drooling over the Mavericks for the past couple of months (mainly because it’s in his price range). Today he sent me a screenshot of an ad for a Rough Country 2” lift. It looks pretty good with a little altitude.

1C365ABE-AF89-49E5-8D12-27CE1B80E9CC.jpeg

wildbill23c

Reaction score
How does a lift work with independent suspensions? I saw a new Toyota RAV4 the other day that looked like a 3-4 inch lift had been installed on it with some aggressive all terrain tires.

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
That lift is very simple - its a set of pucks that sit on top of the springs all around. You just need to do an alignment after you install it.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
That lift is very simple - its a set of pucks that sit on top of the springs all around. You just need to do an alignment after you install it.
Thank you for the info. So I guess that really is a very easy, somewhat DIY home project someone could probably tackle.

I have to say that Maverick does look good with that slight lift on it. Could make a difference in getting stuck in snow or not...biggest problem with a lot of vehicles is they just run out of ground clearance way too soon in snow situations.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
Reaction score
1668903570240.png

ReadyLift has a 1.5-inch lift
Rough Country has a 2-inch lift
Superlift offers a 2.5-inch lift.

The installation instructions are in our tech library:

wildbill23c

Reaction score
View attachment 154

ReadyLift has a 1.5-inch lift
Rough Country has a 2-inch lift
Superlift offers a 2.5-inch lift.

The installation instructions are in our tech library:

Wow, already, thanks Jim....someday I may get a Maverick, but not a new one, and not with today's vehicle prices LOL. Still think an XLT FX4 would be plenty for most of my needs as I go to work before the roads are plowed most days in the winter, so having something snow ready is a huge plus. I think it would be interesting to add a slight lift to a Maverick for the bit of additional ground clearance to avoid getting high centered in deeper snow.