Recent content by Chapap

1. Chapap

What $19,995 gets you

I don't understand why they don't stamp the wheels to look.... good. I could have sworn that the 2022 F150 and earlier had a fancy steel wheel on some lower trim packages. 2023 is aluminum. I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.
  2. Chapap

Dealer markups .

Any idea what it would cost to build a car using replacement part prices? At some point in a cars lifetime your basically building a new car by replacing parts. I’m sure car makers get a good deal on parts
  3. Chapap

Dealer markups .

The 16 and 30 years is just adding up all the 3yr leases to see lifetime costa of ownership. I’ll have to go back and see how what I did with the lease numbers.
  4. Chapap

Dealer markups .

So here's what my excel sheet says. I'm assuming my calculations are correct... or correct enough. Used, 10k, replace every 10 yrs, avg 100/mo maintenance 16 yrs: 39k 30 yrs: 71k New, 35k, replace every 8 yrs, 3k for tire and misc maint, sell for 10k, 10k down, 72 mo, 5% int, $442 payment 16...
  5. Chapap

Dealer markups .

A lease is effectively the same thing as buying a car the way I see it. The only difference is that there is a purchase date and price pre-negotiated at purchase. There's always a down payment, monthly payments are lower, and the term is only 3 years. I guess this is the reasoning behind it...
  6. Chapap

Maverick's in the Wild

I saw about 15 new rangers lined up at a local accessory shop the other day. Didn't manage a pic. I've seen a Maverick maybe twice.
  7. Chapap

Dealer markups .

I made a decent excel sheet once to figure out lifetime costs. Lease was super expensive compared to new and used... but that's for a different kind of car owner. A 25k new car with ext warranty (assuming those are any good) every 7 years was on par with an 8k used car (used personal ownership...
  8. Chapap

Dealer markups .

There are things that manufacturers can do, but I've only heard of it for the highest level of vehicles they make. It could just be that they don't allocate vehicles to the crummy dealers. My local Chevy dealer always had a few used mid engine Vettes with 20 miles. I'm guessing the owner bought...
  9. Chapap

Ford USA email

How is money handled in these situations? Credit already run? payments deferred? making payments? Deposite only and have to get financing when it's delivered?
  10. Chapap

Flat towing

There’d probably have to be an electric veh charging mode on the rv for it to work right. I don’t think it’d be any more vulnerable to idiots than the self driving features already available.
  11. Chapap

2023 Maverick Commodities

That's interesting. I don't think I've once read that someone would choose the gas over hybrid (on forums, I haven't read/watched a single reviewer). Granted theat's probably a very small sample size, but it seems to me that Ford misread the market. Or maybe they just can't get batteries?
  12. Chapap

Awd version reliability real world experience

Wonder if the engineers/designers/project leads ever get nervous when these folks start testing their products. Some of these guys really test the limits of vehicles and do it for a long time. Some go past the limits and try to slowly total the vehicle... That's the expensive way to do it, but...
  13. Chapap

Flat towing

My dad has a 16 (I believe) prius. Regenerative braking is massively powerful. You can slow down for a red light from 45 to 20 and traffic behind you would just think you're lightly braking... annoyingly light maybe. It went out for a while and he said that the battery would never get to full...
  14. Chapap

Visiting from TRS

I bet a single or extended cab would be super popular. Interest would probably be mostly in the lower trims, and Ford isn't going to pull resources from pushing out fully loaded trucks that they can't make enough of.
  15. Chapap

Tall Owners: How's the front seat room?

I'm close to 6'3" and am... not thin. I've learned that I have to wear my boots when trying on cars cause some cars are dangerously cramped in the pedal area. I probably lean toward long torso rather than legs. I have met maybe two vehicles with sunroofs that I can sit straight up in. one was a...