2022 Ford Maverick Fuel Economy

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
Reaction score

You've probably seen the stories already about the 2022 Ford Maverick window sticker indicating that the 2.0L EcoBoost gets 30 MPG on the highway. The Ford Fusion is rated at 31 MPG on the highway. What do you think? The new Ford Ranger and Ford F-150 are rated at 26 MPG on the highway. The 2011 Ford Ranger (the last compact truck) was rated at 27 MPG on the highway.

Would you expect more than 30 MPG with a more modern 2022 compact truck?

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I think that is pretty decent for something with the power of the 2.0 EcoBoost. When you step on the gas, it actually accelerates!

PoBoi850

Reaction score
30 MPGs ain't too bad for a pick-up. To be totally honest, MPG's in a truck are useless. As soon as you use it for a truck, it ain't getting 30 MPG anymore.

Uncle Gump

Reaction score
I've never owned anything that comes close to 30MPG's... so I could be happy with that.

The trouble I see is that vehicles rarely ever see those estimates... so it's probably going to be lower in reality.

sgtsandman

Active Military
Reaction score
I’ve managed to get about what the vehicle is supposed to get on several vehicles. Then I start modifying them and that goes right out the window.

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
My wife 2.0l Bronco Sport is getting 24 according to the instrument cluster... bear in mind that it’s only been used to drive two 1 mile trips everyday until this past 2 weeks when she took it on 2 trips over 400 miles each way. It only has 2500 miles so far. Then take into account that she doesn’t believe in speed limits and she spent 20+ years working at a drag strip (full throttle acceleration is nothing new to her).

I’ll check the window sticker tonight to see what it’s rated at.