2023 Maverick Commodities

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Ford missed the mark again here. In our market, (which is a big awd/4x4 area), well over half of the Maverick orders are hybrids. I'm guessing in southern markets its nearly 90%. But they are only planning to build 35% of the total as hybrids. So I'm guessing half of the 2023 hybrid orders will not get built and will carry over to 24.

@Kynno, it means 59% of the total production will be XLT, and 35% of the total production will be hybrids, so 20% (.59 x .35) will be XLT hybrids. You and a lot of other people ordered an XLT hybrid, so you are not likely to get it anytime soon.

Kynno

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Ford missed the mark again here. In our market, (which is a big awd/4x4 area), well over half of the Maverick orders are hybrids. I'm guessing in southern markets its nearly 90%. But they are only planning to build 35% of the total as hybrids. So I'm guessing half of the 2023 hybrid orders will not get built and will carry over to 24.

@Kynno, it means 59% of the total production will be XLT, and 35% of the total production will be hybrids, so 20% (.59 x .35) will be XLT hybrids. You and a lot of other people ordered an XLT hybrid, so you are not likely to get it anytime soon.
Thanks for the reply ,(y)

Chapap

Military Veteran
Reaction score
That's interesting. I don't think I've once read that someone would choose the gas over hybrid (on forums, I haven't read/watched a single reviewer). Granted theat's probably a very small sample size, but it seems to me that Ford misread the market. Or maybe they just can't get batteries?

Kynno

Reaction score

Been thinking about this, it assumes Hybrids will be evenly distributed through model ranges. What if all hybrids are XLT so 35 % of production will be hybrid XLT, :confused: .I know its unlikely but the ratio COULD differ from 20% dependent on mix. I know certain markets (Canada for example) the lariats are all 4wd and therfore all ECO .
Regardless of this ,I hope ford only took the orders they could produce and we will get our 23's in 2023 ! Thanks again for your valued input.