Awd version reliability real world experience

seantshen

Reaction score
Anybody having an opinion on real life reliability on the AWD version of Maverick 2022? That’s what I ordered for 2023. Thanks

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Its essentially the same as the drivetrain in the Escape which has been solid, so I expect they are going to hold up just fine.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
I've seen a few video reviews that seems to show the AWD system performing quite well considering the larger size of the Maverick VS the Escape. Driving Sports TV Youtube channel had a pretty decent "offroad" segment on their Maverick:

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Maybe wife has owned 3 Escapes and a Bronco Sport, all with the same basic AWD system as the Maverick. It’s been a rock solid system.

Chapap

Military Veteran
Reaction score
I've seen a few video reviews that seems to show the AWD system performing quite well considering the larger size of the Maverick VS the Escape. Driving Sports TV Youtube channel had a pretty decent "offroad" segment on their Maverick:
Wonder if the engineers/designers/project leads ever get nervous when these folks start testing their products. Some of these guys really test the limits of vehicles and do it for a long time. Some go past the limits and try to slowly total the vehicle... That's the expensive way to do it, but it reveals a good bit about it.

The guy in that thumbnail is thinking "Let's go find out if Ford made a $30k pos paperweight shall we?"

wildbill23c

Reaction score
Wonder if the engineers/designers/project leads ever get nervous when these folks start testing their products. Some of these guys really test the limits of vehicles and do it for a long time. Some go past the limits and try to slowly total the vehicle... That's the expensive way to do it, but it reveals a good bit about it.

The guy in that thumbnail is thinking "Let's go find out if Ford made a $30k pos paperweight shall we?"
I've watched several of his videos and he does have his own testing property with a lot of different "offroad" tests...I was surprised how well the AWD in the Maverick did...he had the Fx4 model though. The Fx4 would probably be my choice as well.