Ford Maverick Camper Shell

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
Reaction score
This Ford Maverick is sporting a camper shell. What do you think? Real or fake. How could a company have created a camper shell when the truck isn't even in production yet?

Uncle Gump

Reaction score
As hard as Ford is hitting the accessories/factory installed options in other recent programs... I wouldn't be surprised if this is either a factory option or a dealer installed accessory.

Shipping on dealer installed accessory would probably be expensive.

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
You have a point. Why would someone bother to photoshop a ford logo on a topper. Probably real, might show up as a dealer option later in the pre release.

Not for me though, I like throwing things in the back of my truck.
Its definitely not photoshopped. There’s a few pics of it around from different angles. No one would take the time to make that many fake pics of an awkward looking cap.

Ford isn’t in the business of making accessories like caps. They always outsource stuff like this. I’m sure this is made by a major manufacturer like Leer.

Roert42

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of toppers, this one looks just as stupid as usual. However, I agree that it’s probably an option from Ford.

It goes with the truck better then most and would be the one to have if you wanted one.

The bed is too small to lay down in, I wounded if has the option for some sort of tent thing to enclose the bed with the tailgate down.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
Reaction score
And as we've seen with the new Bronco, outsourcing doesn't always go well.