Howdy!!

superj

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Hey guys, some of yall know me from the ranger station and some of yall don't. I have wanted a maverick for a while and i appear to be on the verge of getting one.

I test drove a bunch today and almost got a 2022 xl 2.0 that had 24k miles on it but the wife talked me out of it and a buddy who is a finance manager at ford dealer said he thinks he can get me a brand new one xlt or tremor for what comes out better, so hopefully.

Anyways, just koining because i will get one.

I also have an 04 ranger edge that i really really like. I have a full size 2017 nissan titan, too, but that is what i will give up for the maverick. Its been great but i dont need a full size.

Here is a pic of the ranger till i get a maverick

IMG_1387.jpg

And here is the titan

IMG_20201014_154157389_HDR.jpg

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome! The new Rangers are great also, so either way you can get a great truck.

superj

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, i wanted one for a long time but than i got this 04 from my uncle so i figured i didnt need another ranger, ha ha ha

superj

Military Veteran
Reaction score
I called some local ford dealers yesterday to find out some more info because ford.com lists trucks at 25k here in town but the local ford dealer website has them at 28k.

The dealers said they still add the 3k fee for it being such a popular truck.

I asked how come they are doing it but the dealers in the valley said that is already done and they no longer do it?

The sales lady said people in my area dont mind paying more to buy local.

Can you believe they are so confident that they can screw people they tell you that on a phone call?

I said i want that 3k removed if they want me to buy their truck. The lady said no, they wont do that because they are already hardly making anything on the price but if i want to order the truck through them, then i can get it for 25k.

I can also drive the 2-3 hours to any of the 5 or 6 ford dealers in the ruo grande valley and not pay the fee and get a truck off the lot, as i had found out on saturday and would have done had anyone had an ecoboost xl on the lot. Everyone down there has hybrids and i am just not comfortable with that cvt in them.

My buddy that is at the kingsville ford said they only have lariat and tremors so i can order an xl, or just wait and see if one ever gets sent to them.

So for now, i keep driving my cool guy ranger.