Picked mine up a week ago in Upstate NY

Anton4

Firefighter
Reaction score
I just decided about two weeks ago to get a new Maverick. I found a local dealer that had one coming in with everything I wanted so I reserved it. I just picked it up last week. It's an Alto Blue XLT with the 2.0L EcoBoost, AWD, FX4, 4K Tow Package, XLT Luxury Package, Co-Pilot360, Tonneau Cover and Moon Roof. I got real lucky. I have a few hundred miles on it so far and I'm loving it so far!

Anton4

Firefighter
Reaction score
That looks pretty good in Alto Blue.
I like the color, but it seems darker than the online stock photos. It almost looks black while the online photos looked more blue.

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Its not as dark as Antimatter Blue is, but its almost that dark. In low light you can barely tell that its blue rather than black.

PoBoi850

Reaction score
In the 2nd pic, the way the sun is hitting the front rim, makes it look Gold. That would be have been a cool wheel color option.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
Saw 2 of them today, one that looked kind of grayish blue, the other was red, but how did they get red? There isn't a red option on the build page on the Ford website? They don't look too bad actually more of a truck like look than I thought they'd have. The 2nd one I saw had one of those big dog crates in the back...well that's all the cargo room they have LOL, took up the whole length of what little bed there is, but for most people its going to be big enough....and can always tow a trailer if needed to haul larger stuff. I think Ford might have something with this Maverick...although an extended cab or 2 door would be better with a longer bed, but its a start I guess.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
I believe the First Edition was available in red.
That was the reason....was able to find a first edition link and there's 2 different shades of Red...but production models now only have 4 or 5 color choices. The only issue I see choosing the "First Edition" package now at least is you are stuck with a 2WD model...no AWD option. The AWD option is what I'd go with given I'm in somewhat common area for snow.

Weird though that I've seen a couple of Mavericks and several Bronco Sports but nobody seems to be getting their Broncos...guess we see where Ford's priorities are.

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Well they had Bronco production shut down for months because the idiots who make the hard tops could not make them right, so they are way way behind the curve on delivery of them. They are building them and shipping them at a pretty good rate now though. We've received and delivered way more Bronco than Maverick at this point.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
Well they had Bronco production shut down for months because the idiots who make the hard tops could not make them right, so they are way way behind the curve on delivery of them. They are building them and shipping them at a pretty good rate now though. We've received and delivered way more Bronco than Maverick at this point.
They shut down for months, but did they actually fix anything LOL...given its Ford, I highly doubt they corrected any faults. Just like other automakers, they like to sound great on the media platforms but what did they really do in the 2 month shutdown? We won't know until after all the warranties have expired LOL.

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
No, the new tops do not have the issues that the first version did, so they did actually fix the problem.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
No, the new tops do not have the issues that the first version did, so they did actually fix the problem.
We shall see. Once you start removing and reinstalling those tops, and going offroading everything gets tweaked.