Push notifications...

alwaysFlOoReD

Reaction score
What are push notifications?
Why should I allow them?
Can I permanently remove the question from my feed?
Sounds like some bully trying to get my attention...lol.

RonD

Reaction score
Yes, you can click on never ask again, click on the "X" first then read whats underneath

Push notifications is a popup message that will notify you if someone post in a thread you started or are subscribed to
Or if site wants to send a message to all members, or just YOU, like "Hi.......you are BANNED FOR LIFE, have a nice day"

alwaysFlOoReD

Reaction score
Or like the email I just got regarding @RonD answer to this thread?
I dont mind the notification I get in the bell icon, I dont want to lose that. But I dont need email notifications...unless I need answers right away. That's the only instance where I think its needed.
So how do I tell what exactly is considered a push?

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
Reaction score
I believe push is a notification on your device (phone, tablet, etc) and alert is the bell at the top of the forum that you can click to see your notifications. It's something available in the forum that I thought we'd try out.

You can disable the notifications or customize how you receive them at:

Preferences | Maverick Truckin Forum

sgtsandman

Active Military
Reaction score
I went in and manually disabled all mine. Alerts when on the site is fine but I don't want a bunch of emails or popups.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Were you getting emails and popups? I haven't been getting anything.

sgtsandman

Active Military
Reaction score
I haven't been getting pop ups. I just went in the settings and adjusted the email notifications. I was getting emails when people replied to a couple threads. I just have to figure out the settings, that's all. The only emails I want is if someone sends me a message or reply in a conversation.

alwaysFlOoReD

Reaction score
I was getting emails because that was the default setting. I switched them all off. I dont usually get popups because those are disabled in my Firefox browser.
PS: @Jim Oaks I couldnt find the settings in a cursory look. I'm glad you posted the link.

sgtsandman

Active Military
Reaction score
It took a little bit for the new settings to kick in. It looks like the email notifications stopped.

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
I haven't been getting pop ups. I just went in the settings and adjusted the email notifications. I was getting emails when people replied to a couple threads. I just have to figure out the settings, that's all. The only emails I want is if someone sends me a message or reply in a conversation.
That’s how I set it up when I joined. I only get emails for messages.

sgtsandman

Active Military
Reaction score
I must have missed something. I’m still getting emails. I initially joined on my computer but there was some cross over with my phone since this weekend was a drill weekend and I’m working 11 days straight.

I’ll figure it out in time as I get time to tweak the settings.

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
This is what I have everything set to...

Like I said, I only get emails for messages.

alwaysFlOoReD

Reaction score
I got an email notification for your post. It took 5 minutes to reach me. I have everything related to email turned off. But again, that was done just a short time ago. Perhaps the servers are a little slower on changes.

alwaysFlOoReD

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I found a menu box at the top of the thread that says "watched" or "unwatched". I picked unwatched and think that will solve the email problem.
Edit; followed your link and found the option to disable email on all watched threads. Thanks again.

CalebJ

Military Veteran
Reaction score
That would eliminate notifications for that thread entirely though, even if you're browsing around the forum - it won't give you the indication in the alarm bell at the top right.

sgtsandman

Active Military
Reaction score
CalebJ may have a point. I’m still getting emails but only from certain threads. I’ll need to go through and make sure they are unsubscribed from.