Swap Meets

PoBoi850

Reaction score
I used to hear of them and go to them all of the time. I haven't been to one in years and don't really ever hear about them anymore. Do SwapMeets still exist? I live in the Florida/Georgia/Alabama part of the world and would like to know of, and where of, any swapmeets or similar events. Not just in my area, but ANY area. Maybe this will help others find good deals on older parts.

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Yes... Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ has a spring and fall swap meet. There’s also a bigger one out in Carlisle PA...

If you ever make it up this way.

PoBoi850

Reaction score
I would love to see that part of the country. I've never been north of Virginia, or west of Texas.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
Reaction score
They have a big one in Canfield, Ohio in the spring. I love swap meets.

PoBoi850

Reaction score
They have a big one in Canfield, Ohio in the spring. I love swap meets.
Me too, I just cant seem to find them in my area. I used to go to them all the time, as a kid, with my grandpa in Arkansas. There used to be an annual swap meet at the Leon County Fairgrounds, but I haven't seen or heard of it in some years now.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Are you talking about swap meets for car parts, or swap meets in general? I like a good car part swap meet.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
I know at the park in Emmett, ID when they have Cruise Night every July they do a swap meet. Other than that one, I'm not sure of any others in my area.

RonD

Reaction score
Yes, I used to go swap meets, general and vehicle

I remember Drive-ins used to do them every Fri, Sat, Sun, lol, that's how OLD I am

Craigslist and Ebay seem to be the current hunting grounds for deals on used stuff, and Amazon for new
The world has changed

Uncle Gump

Reaction score
We have a couple here in Illinois every year that are pretty good. Both are put on by local area car clubs. Sandwich Fair grounds and Grundy County Fair Grounds.

I've been a few times... not really to buy any parts I needed but attempt to network with like minded folks and make new wrenching buddies and figure out the best places to have machine work done... buy steel... etc.

Can't say it has ever worked... I still don't have any wrenching buddies after being here for 11 years.

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Are you talking about swap meets for car parts, or swap meets in general? I like a good car part swap meet.
I just assumed he meant car/ truck related...

There’s a few flea markets right around me that are open every weekend for other stuff.