Tall Owners: How's the front seat room?

Chapap

Military Veteran
Reaction score
I'm a stickler for a comfy front seat... or I should say one that I fit in. My wife's CX5 is not comfortable to me at all. It doesn't sit unlike my '94 Ranger. I've sat briefly in an Escape, BS, and Maverick and felt that it was more cramped than the CX5. What do yall think?

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
You didn't say how tall you are, but I have 6'2 clients who have no problem at all in the front seat. Haven't sold one to someone taller yet...

Chapap

Military Veteran
Reaction score
I'm close to 6'3" and am... not thin. I've learned that I have to wear my boots when trying on cars cause some cars are dangerously cramped in the pedal area. I probably lean toward long torso rather than legs. I have met maybe two vehicles with sunroofs that I can sit straight up in. one was a Jeep Patriot... That's including one of the half tons. I can't get my knees to extend over 90deg in the CX5.

I'm not overly tall, but I'm always amazed at how cramped most crossovers are. Sedans (Accord, Civic, Camry, Elantra, Sonata...) are pretty comfortable, but their crossover counterparts are terrible. It's like they raise the seat 5" up to give it a truckier feel, but bring the pedals a foot closer so it makes for less room. I sat in a new, mid engine vette once. Had the seat all the way back and down and my eyes were positioned comfortably above the windshield.