Visiting from TRS

Chapap

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Don't have a maverick, but have a Ranger. Came over from TRS to support. And I may just get one some day.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
Yeah about the some day part LOL. I'm holding out hope they come out with an AWD Hybrid model in the next year or so....or come out with a true compact pickup again minus the nonsense crew cab useless short bed junk they've been stuck on the past decade.

Chapap

Military Veteran
Reaction score
I bet a single or extended cab would be super popular. Interest would probably be mostly in the lower trims, and Ford isn't going to pull resources from pushing out fully loaded trucks that they can't make enough of.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
I bet a single or extended cab would be super popular. Interest would probably be mostly in the lower trims, and Ford isn't going to pull resources from pushing out fully loaded trucks that they can't make enough of.
Guess they don't want to do business with contractors for fleet purchases.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
I don’t know, our new F250s and F550s still show up every week. We only buy stripped down XLs.
Do you get regular cab trucks? Do you have to order or do they have them on the lots? Around where I live here in Idaho not a single dealer has a single cab truck on the lot, you can hardly find an extended cab, most are crew cab short bed trucks.

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Do you get regular cab trucks? Do you have to order or do they have them on the lots? Around where I live here in Idaho not a single dealer has a single cab truck on the lot, you can hardly find an extended cab, most are crew cab short bed trucks.
It’s a mix… We have regular, super, and crew cabs. Everything we get is custom ordered. As a government agency, we put out a spec and companies bid on on it. Not a single vehicle in our fleet of 1700+ Is a standard, off the showroom floor vehicle. Everyone of them is modified to fit our bid spec by a dealer or upfitter.

Dueces

Firefighter
Reaction score
I think the Ranger's are badass, I just couldn't stomach the price when they came out. Now it's out of this world crazy!!

snoranger

Forum staff
Forum Moderator
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
I think the Ranger's are badass, I just couldn't stomach the price when they came out. Now it's out of this world crazy!!
Watch it mister… I’ve a ‘23 Ranger on order.

Dueces

Firefighter
Reaction score
As long as you ordered, it should be at msrp. Have you seen the crazy markups? I'm glad I ordered my Mav, because I don't want to even have to look for another decent vehicle for a few years.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
As long as you ordered, it should be at msrp. Have you seen the crazy markups? I'm glad I ordered my Mav, because I don't want to even have to look for another decent vehicle for a few years.
Unfortunately these prices are here to stay I'm afraid, as long as people are dumb enough to keep overpaying, the prices are going to stay in the stratosphere.