What $19,995 gets you

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
Reaction score

2022 Ford Maverick XL base model starting at $19,995.

Uncle Gump

Reaction score
Make it Shadow Black and that's pretty much what we ordered. The wife wanted black... I tried to talk her out of it... but I've learned to choose my battles. She will figure out why black (IMHO) is not a great choice.

The only thing that worries me a bit... is it's a new model. I've never been a fan of first run vehicles. I've also never owned a Hybrid... I see a set of factory manuals in my future.

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
They need to at least paint those wheels black or dark gray instead of the "look at me, I'm cheap" silver.

Chapap

Military Veteran
Reaction score
They need to at least paint those wheels black or dark gray instead of the "look at me, I'm cheap" silver.
I don't understand why they don't stamp the wheels to look.... good. I could have sworn that the 2022 F150 and earlier had a fancy steel wheel on some lower trim packages. 2023 is aluminum. I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.

rubydist

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Its a lot less expensive to make a punch and die to make round holes than any other kind of shape, and they are trying hard to keep the cost down on the XL trim, so I'm betting there was not another $20k in the tooling budget to make slots instead of round holes.